Monday, October 3, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the UGLY of this Past Weekend

Here at the Crane Creek Inn we pride ourselves on outstanding service to our Guests. So every once in awhile here I will post my experiences at other service oriented establishments. Here are a few...

I visited a few local bars this weekend and had some really good service and some really BAD service. First the BAD & UGLY...

I used to love going to Matt's Casbah in downtown Melbourne (since I am within walking distance), but since they got this new bartender it is too painful. I don't know her name, but she usually works the early afternoon shift. I've been there 2 times recently. The first time I sat at the bar and waited about 10 minutes before she even noticed me. I then waited 5 more minutes before she asked me if I wanted anything. Never smiled...never said hello...just a sour look on her face and a bad attitude.

I went back this past Saturday afternoon and again sat at the bar for 5 minutes - and I never even saw a bartender! As I was exiting the patio I saw this same bartender walk out from inside (where she seems to spend a lot of her time). She needs to go into a new line of work. Preferably in a little cubicle somewhere she need not deal with the public! The night bartenders at Matt's are always good, but they need to give this afternoon tender a new attitude or the boot.

Now the GOOD...
Went to Squidlips and sat on the back deck where the Tiki bar is. Amanda was my server and she is really great! Always there (smiling & happy) before my drink was empty. The John Quinliven jam session was a blast. A lot of good musicians and good variety of music - check it out on Thursdays.

Went to Earl's Hideaway yesterday to listen to some live blues (Earl's always has live band on Sunday afternoon - awesome!). The 2 bartenders out at the Tiki bar are AWESOME! This place is packed and they never miss a customer waiting or a drink order.

That's it for now - gotta go recover from my hangover!
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment